8-Pk 16-Oz Bottle Case Questions (New and Old Logos)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I have a question about 8-pk, 16-oz bottle cases: I've noticed that some of the eight bottles contained in each case may have the then-current logo on it and some will have older logos on them. Therefore, why was it that some of those eight bottles with the older logos find their way into then-current bottle cases?

This happened not only with Coca-Cola (Coke) but also with Pepsi and 7UP.

The older logos on a few of the eight bottles are as follows:
Coca-Cola: 1960s (for background-less logo; I'd think the logo amid a red background is from the '70s/'80s). Coke first used the "Dynamic Ribbon" in late 1969.
Pepsi-Cola: the older Pepsi and Pepsi-Cola logos (red text on white oval) are from the '40s. Then-current Pepsi and Pepsi-Cola logos are from 1973.
7UP: some bottles had the 1967 logos; then-current logo is from 1980.

I'm wondering if you folks ever bought an 8-pk of 16-oz bottles during the '80s and had noticed the older logos on some of those eight bottles? Pictures will be appreciated here.

Thank you,

Ben Edge

jpoland13

Reaction score
All the bottling companies used bottles until they broke or became unusable. Bottles were not simply thrown out when the logos changed. I remember buying many 50's Pepsi bottles and hillbilly MD bottles when I was a kid in the 70's(wish I still had all of those!).

jpoland13

Reaction score
And the red and white Pepsi logo you described is from the 60's.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ashley0613