New to the bottle world

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tbedford4011

Reaction score
So happy to find this site. I lost my stepfather year and a half ago, who was a very avid bottle digger in the 50's, 60's and early 70's. He was raised in Gallup and started his digs there. As I liquidated the ranch I came across boxes and boxes of dug bottles carefully moved them to town and just recently started going through them to say the least I'm overwhelmed.....As I go through, I find very common bottles and I have come across some that seem to be rare, or at least very hard to research. Some are embossed, some only have manufacture marks on bottoms, some have nothing on them. Some I have had problems researching are J D Iler Kansas City, Mo, The Morey Mills Denver, La Sanadora Romero Drug Co, Strehlke Bro's Druggist Meeker & Montrose Colo,. Maybe since this is all new to me there are some resources available that I'm not finding. Anyways any advise is welcome, since I don't plan on keeping these I haven't gone to the bookstore for bottle books but maybe that's what I'm missing.

jays emporium

Reaction score
I have sent you an email. There are not any good bottle books for general mixed bottles like you are describing. You could search ebay completed items for some of the embossed bottles to get an idea what they sell for. Generally unembossed bottles have little or no value.
Jay

ScottBSA

Reaction score
I can make part of this easy for you. I am interested in the JD Iler bottle from Kansas City. My email address is ScottBSA@netscape.net. Email me with a description or pictures of the bottle and maybe we can come to an agreement on the sale of that bottle.

Scott

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky