Decanter- any info?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
Got a very pretty decanter and an old creamer (hull) at a yard sale and am curious about the decanter. It has on the corner of its base engraved "H 1946/220" The neck and lip are both applied and it is very well made, the stopper came with it but not sure if original to the piece. The person at the sale said it was in his fathers shed for years etc etc yada yada. I got it because I liked it but if any of the brains out here have any idea who made it or where it would be appreciated. spent 3 bucks in total so nothing lost! [:D]

IMG_0241_zps07512f82.jpg
[/URL]

[/IMG]

botlguy

Reaction score
That is a nice milk / cream pitcher, look early 20th century to me. The decanter appears to be a limited edition art glass piece. I suspect the the bottom etching is H19 (some sort of code for the maker perhaps) #46 of 220 made (46/220). The manufacture method is called "German Half Post", indicated by the double layer of glass at the shoulder / neck juncture. I suspect it is "Lead Glass", relatively heavy & the base shows a polished or ground pontil. It is perhaps a 20th century piece but of very high quality and may turn out to be older but that is my assessment.

No matter what, they are both very nice pieces in my opinion. Jim

coreya

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, the pitcher is indeed 1900-1910 Hull pottery and the decanter is very heavy. I wish some of the art glass houses would etch their name or other identifier on the work like lalique does. Thanks again [:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky