I'm Stumped (Washington/ Gen. Taylor Flask)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sscokebottles

Reaction score
I just found this, and bought it out of curiosity. I just don't know if it's a reproduction or not. It looks like the identical mold from here, but it's a smooth base and has textured glass, as if it were a more modern reproduction. I don't know if the textures were intentional or not, like if it came from a reused, older mold. The tapered collar is applied very crudely, and it looks like it contains black specs in the glass (I don't think it's stains because I tried wiping it off with no results). The whole bottle has a crude, organic feel to it. The embossing on the bottle is interesting. The text appears to be embossed sharp, while the portraits of Washington and Taylor are not very detailed. The whole thing just has mixed signs of being a reproduction and a original. Could it be a late-1800's version of this mold? Or did they make reproductions of this mold in the 20th Century? Anyone have any ideas?
4i8AO0f.jpg

NYkL4op.jpg

D5ZpA82.jpg

75JbYGW.jpg

bDWZF0R.jpg

BP4HUOf.jpg

VQaL6V4.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Steve will know for sure, but if that's not a repro then my dad is a tranny...[8D]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Steve will know for sure, but if that's not a repro then my dad is a tranny...[8D]
Cannot help with the laughing out loud and rolling on floor[:D][:D][:D][:D] If your dad looks anything like you Jim, that is gonna be one scary tranny[:D][:D][:D]

sscokebottles

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the help. Still trying to find out what year it's from and if it's modern or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado