Dr. King's Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

2find4me

Reaction score
Just wanting to know if the H.E. Bucklen Co. & the M.H. Malalka Co. both made TOC Dr. King's Bottles. Thanks!

cc6pack

Reaction score
Long read but well worth it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=tGwo7ReeP6IC&pg=PA198&dq=H.E.+Bucklen+Co.&hl=en&sa=X&ei=9DJ1UfbHM5Do8wTdyoD4BA&ved=0CE8Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=H.E.%20Bucklen%20Co.&f=false

nhpharm

Reaction score
All of the M.H. Malalka examples I have seen have been reproductions...not to say there are not real ones, but the Malalka versions in strange colors are Italy from the 1970's.

VTdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: nhpharm

All of the M.H. Malalka examples I have seen have been reproductions...not to say there are not real ones, but the Malalka versions in strange colors are Italy from the 1970's.

All of the colored Dr Kings are reproductions? I have a cobalt one that says Dr Kings new discovery for coughs and colds. On the side it says MH malalka & Co. on the bottom in the Illinois diamond mark with no I in the middle. I bought it at the Saratoga bottle show the first time I went back in 2011, I believe I payed $60 for it. I really hope it's not a repro, I would expect that from flea markets to be misled like that, but not a bottle show.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I would expect that from flea markets to be misled like that, but not a bottle show.
A bottle show is a kind of flea market so don't use that as theory. Some are not as aware as others but for the large part there are less deceivers. There are still some that aren't fully up to date though.
This is a no knowledge to the King's bottles post, just an it's always a buyer beware post.

VTdigger

Reaction score
thanks for the info anyway I know what to look for, at least with Dr. Kings bottles, not that I think I'll be buying anymore of that bottle since I've dug a few aqua ones since than. It's still a pretty bottle, but not 60 dollars pretty, live and learn I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora