Digfellas TV bottle digging show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
This is just a quick post I wanted to put up. Forum member Mike (NYDigger1) informed me that the show Digfellas was given the green light. It will feature Bill Ladd and Howard Hewitt, who many of you are familiar with for their youtube videos.
While I'm not particularly opposed to a bottle digging show, it would come with a bunch of strings attached. Of course there is the hyped up factor, a likely emphasis on value, and how that affects the public. I think a good show that doesn't focus on value and more on the fascinating historical aspects of digging might make it easier for us diggers to get permissions.

There are some murky details when it comes to his dig sites. I have been to two of these sites, and in both cases he stated it was in a different location, and it appears he didn't get permission from the owners. The latter site I contacted the owner via ebay by chance, and he gave me permission to dig at the site. He was a little upset that people had been digging on his property, as there were massive piles of dirt everywhere and he didn't know about it. He said if someone had asked him to dig he would have been fine with it.

My main concern is if the show did start to take off and unhappy landowners recognize him it might put a bad image on bottle collectors and hurt the hobby. More details would certainly help, but as it is I believe there is some cause for concern. Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

epackage

Reaction score
Gonna reserve judgement until I see it Taylor, I've been known to call out a douche nozzle or two over the years and then had to eat crow, this forum is slowly but surely teaching me about tact...[;)]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Gonna reserve judgement until I see it Taylor, I've been known to call out a douche nozzle or two over the years and then had to eat crow, this forum is slowly but surely teaching me about tact...[;)]
[:)]Yes Jim!! You have made great strides in the use of tact over the last year, but I for one dont mind when ya call out a douche nozzle or two, especially when they deserve it.........

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

I for one dont mind when ya call out a douche nozzle or two
Good thing I didn't have a mouthful of liquid when I read this Andy!![8D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I don't know what to say. Boom Baby? [:)]
I'll have to wait and see also but I hope it's not like that guy. [:'(][:'(][:'(]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hey Eric hows come you can answer posts but your thingy on the left side of your posts says your offline, not very accurate is it.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp