Meth head's guide to pissing off Archies!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Seriously, the pro archaeologists are comparing us to meth head grave robbers in this article. And unlike them, the archies, diggin' is not a job,but like the MethHead's it's a addiction! The addiction to dig is a honorable pastime in my estimation. I do it often, and adds no cost or harm to the general public, plus I always clean up after myself! http://www.vice.com/read/grave-robbing-in-the-usa

Plumbata

Reaction score
Vice is comprised of a bunch of liberal douches. Some of their topical doc's are good but overall they are ineffective whiny emaciated condescending hipster drug addicts.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Most learned archies retain their relic finds and are kept in their personal collections. Trash and shards go to museum. The good stuff usually surfaces at their demise. Seen it around here, now a couple of times. Obit stated said archie worked for University of Relic Oppurtunities. If the plumdered items were excavated for the enjoyment of the public, why is it , the public must buy it, at estate sales and auctions, and not have had free viewing at the local museum?

druggistnut

Reaction score
He had no qualms about saying that the "property owner" was standing on the OUTSIDE of his own property (shoved off of his own property with a court order, so the Archies could dig) with a firearm.
Geez, do you think the PUBLIC who own these lands want YOU digging there, jug head?

At least most bottle diggers ASK for permission.

Bill

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
FROM THE BEGINNING WE KNEW THESE SHOWS WOULD BRING BAD PRESS TO THE PRIVY DIGGER/DUMP DIGGER/METAL DETECTOR. THE ARCHIES HAVE FUEL NOW.

((((((((BOOM BABY!!!)))))))

Are there any looters who fit into the sort of amateur historian category?
Yeah. One of our main problems at the moment is that television channels like National Geographic and Discovery are basically advocating looting. There are these shows, like American Diggers, where people go out to, say, revolutionary war sites, and they basically film guys digging holes to recover artefacts that they then sell on the market. Archaeologists are pretty angry about it.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Oscar is a moron, no political affiliation or real caring either way. The guy can't even hold back from swearing past the first sentence.
Pay no attention the man (immature adolescent) behind the curtain. He's not worth the attention.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
there are good archaeologists and bad ones, I have met both types.
Same with bottle diggers.
To make blanket statements about either group isn't fair.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

there are good archaeologists and bad ones, I have met both types.
Same with bottle diggers.
To make blanket statements about either group isn't fair.

It dosent matter if is fair or not. The public "non digging" community sees this crap they spit out. I wonder if Bill Ladds show will bring money into the picture. OHhhhhhhhhhwooowwwwwwwwww!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora