Did anyone see this $7000 bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JayBeck

Reaction score
A search in post-1900 soda bottles on Ebay will show you almost 50 Coca Cola and Pepsi Bottles that have recently sold for over $1000. I really don't trust those buy it now prices for getting accurate values but the increase in prices on all types of Coke and Pepsi bottles has been hard not to notice. It is one thing when people put crazy high prices on common-scarce bottles but it is another thing when they actually sell for those kind of prices. I wonder if all those high prices are actually from legitimate bidders?

This one stood out at the top of the list: $7000 Coca Cola paper label bottle

Really!?! It may be an extremely rare bottle with that paper label but it is pretty rough and there is no Coca Cola script embossing; it is just a flavor line bottle, in this case ginger ale. I am certainly not a Coca Cola expert nor do I know much about bottles from Maine but based on past experience with similar bottles, I would imagine it to have a real "value" of under $100. Am I way off or this actually a highly desirable bottle?

JayBeck

Reaction score
Oh, wow! Thanks for info E! I saw the first 2 pages of that post earlier but I did not see page 3 and 4. I can't believe someone would offer that much for the bottle but I suppose if you have money and that is the only one available...

AlexD

Reaction score
Yes, it is my bottle. It is in fact embossed too. The guy has bought from me quite a few times before and follows my eBay store. He found this bottle of mine and offered me "7000 USD" in an eBay message for it. And he purchased it right after. It's a very nice bottle though, and I have indeed never seen one of these [8|]

JayBeck

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AlexD

Yes, it is my bottle. It is in fact embossed too. The guy has bought from me quite a few times before and follows my eBay store. He found this bottle of mine and offered me "7000 USD" in an eBay message for it. And he purchased it right after. It's a very nice bottle though, and I have indeed never seen one of these [8|]

Hey Alex thanks for the additional insight and congratulations on your sale. No doubt it is a cool bottle but I was just curious because I've never seen a bottle of that type sell for such a high price. If this is just one buyer paying this kind of money I guess now is the time to sell anything he might buy before he stops buying.

AlexD

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JayBeck

ORIGINAL: AlexD

Hey Alex thanks for the additional insight and congratulations on your sale. No doubt it is a cool bottle but I was just curious because I've never seen a bottle of that type sell for such a high price. If this is just one buyer paying this kind of money I guess now is the time to sell anything he might buy before he stops buying.

No problem, I enjoy reading posts about my bottles [:D]

judu

Reaction score
just curious as to how the coca cola letters under the label have very bad case wear....the label actually overlaps those letters and has no wear there.......would they put the label on after the bottle has been in use for a long time?..........

jays emporium

Reaction score
I, too have sold some Coca Cola bottles to Sheikh Saoud Al thani and I'm trying to sell him some more. I have mixed emotions though about the effect this one buyer is having on the hobby and what the long term effects will be. For now it is driving up prices of the older Coke and Pepsi bottles but I'm assuming they want only one example of each bottle. So after one astronomical sale of a certain bottle will the price return to the previous level? Or, will we see bottles that used to sell for $100. now priced at $500. for awhile until the shock wears off.
Also, I'm wondering if the Shiek's bottle buying intersts will spread. One of the bottles they bought from me was a 1923 Christmas Coke hobbleskirt. I didn't know they had interest in hobbleskirts, that would be a whole new ballgame. Then will it spread to Dr Pepper, 7 Up, local ACLs? Or will they suddenly lose interest in bottles altogether?
I kinda feel sorry for the serious bottle collectors in those categories affected by the Sheik. There are some rare bottles being sold that may never be available again. If I had more I'd sell them now as it seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity but again, mixed emotions.
Jay

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac