carr lowrey friedgen bottle poison

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tomkirby

Reaction score
picked this bottle from a yard sale two days ago for 1.25.
I had no idea it could be worth up to 4,500 according to Digger Odell.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
RE: carr lowrey friendgen bottle

Sounds like a great deal. I'm familiar with the glass company but what's the "friendgen" and more important, where's the picture?

tomkirby

Reaction score

I spelled it wrong, it's Friedgen.

7279F35E1621428D96176916BC1F3025.jpg

Attachments

• 7279F35E1621428D96176916BC1F3025.jpg
    7279F35E1621428D96176916BC1F3025.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 102

Jim

Reaction score

Sweet find, Tom! That is a very rare KI-2 irregular hexagon poison. There are at least 28 different store names that are known on these bottles. The Friedgen is almost impossible to find. Definitely valued over a thousand at least. My book gives a range of $2000 to $4500 for an R5 (top rarity level), but the last one I bid on went for around $1500. What is the ounce size of yours? It will appear as a number above the CLG Co on the base. According to the latest poison book, the Friedgen is only known to exist in the 1 and 2 ounce sizes. Other sizes may also exist, as previously unreported examples of these do occasionally surface.

These irregular hexagons are my first and foremost collecting specialty. If you would ever decide to sell that one, I would be interested in discussing it with you. Congratulations on a killer score! Welcome to the forum, I hope to see you around. Jim

cobaltbot

Reaction score

Awesome find, part of the fun of yardsale season. Best I've done so far is a threadless Lefferts insulator, picked up for $2 - $5 dollars can't remember, do remember paying more than the usual $1 insulator cuz even with some damage I had a gut feeling it may be worth something. In mint cond, these have brought over 2 grand. Welcome to the forum!

capsoda

Reaction score

Damn good deal Tom. What a way to join the forum. Can I rub your head for luck. Welcome to the Antique-bottles forum.net.[:)]

deepwoods

Reaction score
How tall is it Tom? Congrats on your sweet find!

Jim

Reaction score
I thought that it looked like a larger one. Congratulations, Tom, you have a previously unlisted and very rare bottle. As far as I know, that is the only 12-ounce Friedgen known. It could realistically be a $3000-4000 bottle at a good auction. Personally, I would never sell it. I have a cobalt skull and bones square iodine bottle (not the rectangular one) that is the only one known in its size and one of three to five known to exist in any size. Three are confirmed and there have been two other sightings which may or may not be different examples. It would be impossible to replace. As much as I would enjoy the large profit I could make, it will have to be pried from my cold, dead hands [:D] I would make some kind of protective case for your Friedgen bottle. I have seen them made from a small plastic box and a foam insert. They display nicely, and will put your mind at ease. Enjoy your treasure! Jim

PS- All 12-ounce irregular hex poisons are R5 rarity, even the plain ones.

deepwoods

Reaction score
Seems like its been a good month or so for rare bottle finds; hope some of that luck runs off on the rest of us. Jim - That looks like one of my ole Paine Drug buddies: Im about due for one. Anybody know what Friedgen is; is that a company name or "poison" in another language?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora