"Have outhouse will travel" story in AB&GC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SAbottles

@ Rick - digging? I wish ! Still involved in nursing mother-in-law and trying to survive ridiculous hail storms ! In sunny Cape Town !!?

@ comment on "not a turning point..." they have obviously never stood ankle deep in turds & flowing sewage !![:'(][:mad:]

and I think they should! They would never feel the same again [8D]

Stay out of the hail!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Fallow up on the kids story. They took a copy to school and they were instant celebrity's [:D]

This was the email from their mom Sharron ,& my reply.--------------

Cool! I told Holly what “green horn†is! She and Summer took a copy of the magazine into school and proudly showed two of their history teachers. One insisted it needs to be kept at school because not many students get “publishedâ€. Copies were made and placed in faculty rooms and they were singled out of class to say congrats! We are so glad for all the opportunities they have had through this project and the people who helped along the way

Thanks again Rick,
Sharon [:D]

That's great! Who needs those Judges anyway ! :)
The teachers should send them a copy, they need a good HISTORY lesson ;-)
Rick

NHkeith

Reaction score
I recently subscribed to this magazine. i really enjoy reading the articles. some of the stuff isn't a interest to me.

The guy John was really nice when I signed up. I was looking for some back issues about NH specific glass. so I got the few back issues, and a subscription.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: NHkeith

I recently subscribed to this magazine. i really enjoy reading the articles. some of the stuff isn't a interest to me.

The guy John was really nice when I signed up. I was looking for some back issues about NH specific glass. so I got the few back issues, and a subscription.

That's good Keith they need more subscribers to AB&GC. There is always going to be something that we as bottle collectors are not interested in.Take The jar section of the magazine. I do not get to excited over jars. The color ones are cool but thats it.I like AB&GC for the digging articles. I look foreword to getting the mag every month.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
The Kids made the local paper.

Its a link you have to click on it.

http://emmaus.patch.com/announcements/lmms-students-published-in-magazine#_=_

ramseylc

Reaction score
I haven't yet said my thanks to you, Rick for all of your help and support of the girls' project. You helped them to take it to a much higher level and they learned sooo much- beyond just the project itself! THANK YOU!!

We are enjoying all of the comments. Thanks also for posting the article and pictures.

Lori Ramsey
(Summer's mom)

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ramseylc

I haven't yet said my thanks to you, Rick for all of your help and support of the girls' project. You helped them to take it to a much higher level and they learned sooo much- beyond just the project itself! THANK YOU!!

We are enjoying all of the comments. Thanks also for posting the article and pictures.

Lori Ramsey
(Summer's mom)

Ahhh hh Thanks [:D] Glad to do it.

Just think when I dig the privy at Holly s grandparents,it might turn into another digging story, I'm hoping.[:D]

Hey maybe now that you are a member of ABN you could be come a bottle digger??? What do ya think ?[8D]

Rick

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac