What do I look for to know the value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hc0672

Reaction score
I have different brands and sizes of canning jars, some of which I think are older. I have no idea how to tell which one is worth what! I would be happy to post some pics if there is anyone out there that can help me out!

Thanks!

hc0672

Reaction score
I can't get pics to upload! Says file is too large!!

botlguy

Reaction score
Hi Heidi. Welcome to our forums. You will find folks very friendly and helpful here.

You will need to learn to manipulate your camera or computer Photo Manager or send them to someone to downsize them for you. I think I can do that if you care to try. I will send you a Private Message (PM) and give you my email address.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
You can check at your local library to see if they have a RED BOOK OF FRUIT JARS. #10 is the most recent, but even prior versions will be helpful. -Tammy

bottlebuddy

Reaction score
Hi Heidi, welcome to our forum. To find out what jars you have & thier value, get Red Book No.10 The Collector's Guide to Old Fruit Jars. By Douglas M. Leybourne, Jr. It is the book that most antique fruit jar collectors use as a guide to identify & find value for our fruit jars. It is very informative & easy to use. You can buy it on line at, REDBOOKJARS.com for $40. that includes postage. Mr. Leybourne will even sign the book. In my opinion, every antique fruit jar collector should have this book. If you get it, you will be glad you did. Hope to see some pics of your jars soon, & welcome to this fun & amazing hobby of antique fruit jar collecting!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky