reproduction old sachems

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Just purchased an Old Sachems bitters bottle from Dog River Glass Co, for 36.00 including shipping. It looks like the real deal on their website, and when I get it I will ask e-package JIM to post them on here for everyone to see, I have a buddy with a great digital camera that will take excellent pics of said bottle. I feel that we need to be aware of these repos, because they are not marked as such.....Andy

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
If they aren't marked than counterfeit is a more appropriate word. I tried to post a comment to that effect on Western Bitters but much longer. It vanished when I hit preview and I didn't want to try and type it over.
I'm not sure of laws stating or protecting for relics etc. but even Clevenger had the sense, after a while, by law or voluntarily to mark their stuff.
[8|][8|]

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Here's their website. EVERYONE on this forum should be looking at these listings. They have an old sachems. They have a couple of colored umbrellas. They've got at least one medicine. A number of whiskeys. ALL OF WHICH COULD FOOL the untrained eye, some of which could fool many of us. That old sachem's looks REALLY good in their picture.

BEWARE ALL!

Jim G

http://www.dogriverglass.com/index.php?route=common/home

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I posted about this in general chat about bottles, so maybe more of the forum members will catch this info. These bottles appear bound for Ebay in short order. They really need to put some mark on the base saying repro, or dog river glass, or SOMETHING... It's great for the reenactors, but lousy for us collectors.
Jim G

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: saratogadriver

I posted about this in general chat about bottles, so maybe more of the forum members will catch this info. These bottles appear bound for Ebay in short order. They really need to put some mark on the base saying repro, or dog river glass, or SOMETHING... It's great for the reenactors, but lousy for us collectors.
Jim G
+1

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi