Dr, Henleys, Celery, Beef and Iron

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TROG

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has information on this amber bottle I have just found here in Australia. It is also marked C . B & I Extract Co, S. F. Cal.

Thankyou David

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello David. D.r. Henley was also the maker of the wild graperoot bitters, and Dr Henleys eye opener as well as the bottle you have found. If you go to the western Bitters blog and search the site, there is several articles about the Henley bottles. they tend to be popular with western glass collectors and are always in demand. there are several western bitters collectors on here as well as other western glass collectors, maybe they will also help you with this bottle........Andy

westernglassaddict

Reaction score
The Henley's products are an entire collecting category in themselves...from the colorful IXL bitters, Eye Opener, OK Bitters, Indian Queen Hair Restorative, Dadelion Tonic, Royal Balsam, Regulator, and Celery Beef and Iron bottles, the challenge to collect them all is quite difficult indeed. The C.B. & I comes in a cylinder wine type bottle and an indented panel rectangle. The rectangles date to the 1880s and come with either a neatly tooled, or applied top. I have seen a couple of these which have nice whittle effect but most are very plain and a regular amber. I would consider the rectangle as scarce as you see one at almost every western show. The applied top examples are the most desirable.

TROG

Reaction score
Thankyou for the information.

The bottle I have is the rectangular with a tooled top and was wondering if it is worth getting tumbled as the glass is quite sick.
David
ORIGINAL: westernglassaddict

The Henley's products are an entire collecting category in themselves...from the colorful IXL bitters, Eye Opener, OK Bitters, Indian Queen Hair Restorative, Dadelion Tonic, Royal Balsam, Regulator, and Celery Beef and Iron bottles, the challenge to collect them all is quite difficult indeed. The C.B. & I comes in a cylinder wine type bottle and an indented panel rectangle. The rectangles date to the 1880s and come with either a neatly tooled, or applied top. I have seen a couple of these which have nice whittle effect but most are very plain and a regular amber. I would consider the rectangle as scarce as you see one at almost every western show. The applied top examples are the most desirable.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Only if you really like the bottle, or can get it done cheaply, if I remember correctly they go for right at a hundred dollars at shows, maybe a little less if you are good at negotiating prices............Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum