Ruston Bottling Works Coca Cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
New to this site and i think i goofed up and posted this inquiry in the wrong forum earlier today. So, here it goes again. In the recent past my son went along with me on a bottle dig and he found a straight-side cola slug plate embossed "Ruston Steam Bottling Works" Ruston,La. He was soon broken-hearted when he the neck to be broken off. So, my question is does anyone have one of these bottles or know someone who does? I might be interested in purchasing one. Also, any idea as to the value of this bottle?

jays emporium

Reaction score
Did that bottle have COCA COLA embossed? If so, was it in script or block letters? If you have a picture of the broken bottle that would be even better.

MisterSilverSearcher

Reaction score
Ruston.jpg

Did it look like this? I love slugplate shoulder script SS Cokes. Here's the source: http://www.antiquebottles.com/southeast/apr03.html

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. Silversearcher, bingo! Thats the bottle. ... Surfaceone, i'm pretty sure we have met before and thank you for the reply. Now to find one that i can possibly secure! Thanks again everyone. Still bumbling my way through the site and haven't mastered the photo download part as of yet.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey Fishktller,

Welcome to this place.
Ditto but with an i. I don't believe in fishing for sport. If you catch 'um, kill and eat them. Bass are good food. Nice Coke too. [:)][:)]

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bass Assassin

New to this site and i think i goofed up and posted this inquiry in the wrong forum earlier today. So, here it goes again. In the recent past my son went along with me on a bottle dig and he found a straight-side cola slug plate embossed "Ruston Steam Bottling Works" Ruston,La. He was soon broken-hearted when he the neck to be broken off. So, my question is does anyone have one of these bottles or know someone who does? I might be interested in purchasing one. Also, any idea as to the value of this bottle?

I would not mind buying the broken one off you . . send me an email if your interested.. Thats a cool looking bottle. .. Nice find.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp