some of my prized possessions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Those are some lovely bottles, thanks for sharing! I am most intrigued by the ink with the hole in it, but don't quite understand what you were saying about it. Did you say they plugged it at the factory, or as it is presently would the contents leak out if filled to that level?

If it does have an unplugged hole, is it possible that it was discarded by the buyer of a bulk lot from the factory? Or did you think it could have been plugged with wax or something else that wouldn't dissolve and was actually filled and used?

Sorry for the questions, it is just a particularly interesting item so if you feel like explaining it more we would be very appreciative. [:)]

epackage

Reaction score
Those are some great looking inks, not sure how any could be 'Prized' though since none of them say Paterson on them....[8D]

Continued success on your dives!!

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: coldwater diver

I mentioned to Blobbottle Bob I would be doing this as a new years resolution earlier this year. Here are some of my best finds.

6892D56CFC654B819E2B4688C9C5014F.jpg

Incredible to find one, much less a run like that. Beautiful grouping and thanks for sharing them with us.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, Jim I will keep my eyes peeled for anything Patterson for you. I love Stoddard Glass and am fortunate to live in an area where these companies and businessmen ordered their bottles from Stoddard. I am always interested in where companies were located and look at a radius of about 100 miles and then start to look at likely places to find them. In the case of Farley he was selling locally and all the way into Vt. and Ma. Plumbata , It is just my guess that this bottle was plugged up because of where it was found, about 1ft down in an underwater dump with other inks, and bottles. I assume it may have been plugged and a label put over it? I really don't know for sure. There is a legend of a delivery of Farley inks that fell through the ice with the horse and loaded wagon, now I don't know if it was being delivered to Farleys from Stoddard or from Farleys to a Ma or Vt destination. I spent many days reading microfiche of old newspapers with no luck. What a discovery that would be possibly the rumored qt size Farleys would be there among them. I included a sign that hangs outside the Farley house just up the road from where his factory was.

3C35DFDACBCA40BAB2E2682A6D78AC85.jpg

Attachments

• 3C35DFDACBCA40BAB2E2682A6D78AC85.jpg
    3C35DFDACBCA40BAB2E2682A6D78AC85.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 124

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Next up is my 1st domed Stoddard ink great whittle, a beefy little ink.

84F08FEE43A04DE9A64F10127C02ECFB.jpg

Attachments

• 84F08FEE43A04DE9A64F10127C02ECFB.jpg
    84F08FEE43A04DE9A64F10127C02ECFB.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 145

idigjars

Reaction score
Those inks are awesome. Congrats on finding and owning them. Thank you for sharing them with us. Paul

Potlidboy

Reaction score
Coldwater...........What a post. COLORIFIC & BUBLELICIOUS. Thanks for the show!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
This next ink is just like the little Farley,s and was found with them. It has an open hole that I do not believe is damaged but a manufacturers flaw and maybe the plugged it with something at the factory because the inside edges are smooth (I tried to get a good photo of it). Super light and crude.

Attachment (1)

Hi Devin This is a great selection for a main item collectable bottle series.

From what I see in these two pictures of this bottle, what you have is a bottle with a bird swing that has moved and clung to the glass bottle. If it wouldn't leak it was a good bottle for use. I will be back to look at them again after breakfast - the better half is calling.
RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi