L&M Slug Plate Coca-Cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
Whats up folks .

Just thought I'd post a recent acquisition I was finally able to locate.

Ever since I saw this bottle on the Bill Porter Youtube video I needed to have one of these.

It took a year to find this, but now I'm finally able to add it to my Illinois ss Coke collection.

I love the slug-plate design on this one.

It says ROOT 15 on the heel so I'm guessing it was one of the last IL slug plates ever made.

Hers a pic [:)]

20130724_165747_zpsdefd66d3.jpg

Thanks

Bottlehoe

Reaction score
Very nice. We have a small list of SS Cokes we hope to dig , maybe this year ! [:(]

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments !

Yes... your in a pretty good region for digging. Best of luck to finding the goods.. Top of my list for digging is an amber Peoria/Hires Coca Cola and the elusive Fancy scroll script Decatur IL . . Ohh mann [&:] I drooling just thinking about finding one of those. . Perhaps some day. . [;)]

I did not realize Illinois had soo many variations. Some really nice ones at that. .

Plumbata

Reaction score
That's a really nice bottle; very visually appealing! Do the L & M cokes tend to be rare ones?

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata
That's a really nice bottle; very visually appealing! Do the L & M cokes tend to be rare ones?

Yes.. These are some of the more rare ss Cokes to come from IL. The only ones I have ever seen was one from Porter's collection and one beat up one on Ebay a year ago that went waaaay to high for my budget. From my understanding these variations are not listed in any price guide or book. If someone has more info on this bottle I would love to know more about it. There is also soda water L&M bottles that looks almost identical but do not have the Coca-Cola script.

AlexD

Reaction score
Nice lookin' bottle you got there, son! [;)] The ones with vertical text/script are some of my favorite, like the "AND" inside the Slug-Plate.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky