new privy digging book

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

klingbeil

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to share with you a book just published in June 2006 called, "Dig It! Privy Artifacts A-Z" by two authors (my friends) who extensively interviewed a local privy digger and photographed more than 500 of his finds. The book is full color, hardback with dust jacket and was independently published. I was the graphic designer on the book and am coordinating internet sales.

The book is not a catalog, but more of a coffee table book which documents the different types of finds and history that can be found when privy digging, and is written in an A-Z alphabet format.

The book can be purchased from my web site, http://www.westbranchstudio.com/digit.htm.

I also have a separate interest in bottles since receiving about 3 boxes filled with bottles from my late father - he evidently dug these in California as well as Hawaii while he was stationed there in the Navy. I plan to learn about each of these - they are just gorgeous! This site seems like a wealth of information.

Thanks much!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Lisa and Welcome to Antique-Bottles.Net -
I'm glad you made it over here and got into the forum finally. I wish you the best with your book. One note...Offering 'Media Mail' or book rate may help increase sales, as far as shipping costs for the buyer. Just a thought.

When you find time, please post any of the bottles you have for answers or just to show them off. Hope you have some good stuff in those boxes.

klingbeil

Reaction score
Thanks Meech! I'll check out the media mail/book rates. My schedule is finally getting under control this summer so I'll definitely be doing research on my dad's bottles. Which forum do you suggest I start in as far as being a newbie and posting some pictures?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler