Folgers with weird mold pattern

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

goodman1966

Reaction score
Take a look at this mark. What is it? Red do you know?

D5F9DB0F00D3444089279411B9F33BFE.jpg

Attachments

• D5F9DB0F00D3444089279411B9F33BFE.jpg
    D5F9DB0F00D3444089279411B9F33BFE.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 295

suzanne

Reaction score
It looks like Jesus.

(father please forgive me for using the name of the lord frivolously)

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well it looks like an inserted metal mold repair to me. I have round ones and rectangular inserts - and there wasn't much else they could do, in early molds. The cavities could get nicked and damaged. I would like to see a clearer picture. I would like to buy it for my bottle clubs briefcase - if the price was right.
I have written about the half leaf marks on bottles and at this point in time I still haven't found two bottles out of the same mold with the same mark - so the glass parison pinch may be the answer to what I felt was milled out nicks - repaired. I have a couple pinch samples and about six that I can't verify either way.
It is a great hobby anyway - one I have been into for over 76 years now. It doesn't look like I will have many more to stew about. This aging process puts more limitations on us every day or week. RED Matthews

GuntherHess

Reaction score
hard to tell , can you post a photo backed up a bit showing more of the bottle?
It may be they just bumped the bottle putting it into the annealing oven.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Thanks Matt,I think you are right being it is only on one side. It was dug here in shreveport. And Red if you want it e-mail me your address and its yours. Send me back something in trade. After you determine it's value to you. Thanks again for looking guys!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Re: RE: Folgers with weird mold pattern

This bottle that you pictured ? is that the same bottle you sent with dark liquid in it? That picture seems to have a similar mark, but it is set lower on the bottle - so I had to ask. I am really impressed with the one you sent. It has five or six things so wrong with it that it is a wonder it was ever used to deliver contents. I haven't got the exchange out yet - but it will happen soon. I expect to send you some inks. I have to have shots put in my left eye every few days to take care of maccular deterioration. I guess it is a hereditary ailment for old people. Life is just one thing after another. RED Matthews

goodman1966

Reaction score
Re: RE: Folgers with weird mold pattern

Red , that is the same bottle. I thought the pics would turn out better than they did. I'm glad you are enjoying it, after all that's what this hobby is all about. Looking forward to those inks. I'm headed to Mississippi Friday for a wedding. I hope to get some digging done in my old TOC hometown dump. Maybe I will have some pics to show Sunday when I return. Mitch

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi