$ 600.00 Man

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just an old grump, but I really get sick of people taking up space on ebay, listing Fletcher's Castorias and Vaseline jars for outrageous prices over and over again even though they never get bids. You about get carpal tunnel syndrome scrolling through that crap every day. What we have to tolerate in hopes of seeing that killer bottle.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
If, in your search line, you add -rolandperret you can get rid of about 400 bottles, including the screw top fletchers listed for $600. I hate to filter out an entire seller like that, but I have to agree, it's just a bunch of wasted space.

sandchip

Reaction score
LOL, and then, sure as hell, he'll list a Duffy's pig in cobalt for $ 600.00!

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Man, I'm with you guys on this one, since I, too, suffer from this up here in Canada. There are a couple of Canadian listers (calling them dealers or sellers gives them too much credit) who list dozens and dozens of "waste" bottles at around $40-$50. It's so annoying seeing page after page of the same unembossed screw-cappers that nobody wants at such outrageous prices. Ebay makes it so easy to relist en mass, and that's what these listers have done for over two years. What floors me is that we human beings are supposed to use our intellect to react to situations. We're hardwired this way for species survival. Except these guys just don't get it that nobody wants their bottles. When you list the same stuff at the same prices month after month, year after year, should you be reading the marketplace message? Cripes, even an amoeba reacts better to a stimulus! My guess is that these listers are thinking, "If I just relist all these item one more time, somebody will, at last, buy them." Man, oh man!

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Yeah, me too. I could undercut him by $200 and sell twice as many! Too bad twice as many of nothing is still nothing. [&:]

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I saw the ink and just assumed it was a one time only thing. Now I see that all his dirty junk is apparently solid gold. All his stuff put together isn't worth a 10th of what he's trying to get for that Mason umbrella...

Jim G

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

9 K FOR THAT INK? WOW. I KNOCKED HIM DOWN TO 6000.

glass man

Reaction score
I am amazed at the number of the common Ball Jars are listed as "pontiled"!![:-] Jamie

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi