Having a BAAAAAAAAAAAADDD day....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Is there anything better than the frame cracking on your van and having to junk it when you haven't worked steady in 18 months?!?!? .....UGH

[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]
[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]
[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]
[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]

A21412EE9CCA401FA730746C1FD0DCF3.jpg

Attachments

• A21412EE9CCA401FA730746C1FD0DCF3.jpg
    A21412EE9CCA401FA730746C1FD0DCF3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 74

mr.fred

Reaction score
That sucks Jim[8|]---any chance for a weld job?---I just replaced my engine in my work van and work is slowwwwwwww but I need a van if I get work[:mad:]

epackage

Reaction score
No Fred it's shot, only saving grace is I didn't junk my previous van yet, so I think I'm gonna put it back on the road until some spare cash comes my way.

joesmarbles

Reaction score
Hi Jim, perhaps you have read my negative posts about the future of Amerika and the world in general. My guess and my belief is that you are on the precipice, that you have to make decisions you do not want to make. Having had little steady work recently as you noted, do you think this will get better? Do you think your union pension will still be there knowing what you know about the debt of most cities and states and the federal gov't? I was a union laborer for 7 years, local ..., I am 500 hours short of being vested for health and welfare and retirement and I was told I would never work again because I did not pay the piper, mandatory contribution to make the union look good. I was a vietnam era vet with two children and could not afford the mandatory contribution. I wrote a check for what I could afford and gave it to the union, I was drummed out at a nuclear power plant in the middle of the night and never worked again for the union. Now 34 years later I am doing fine, my children are doing fine, my grandchildren are doing fine, It is all up to you, no one else. Best wishes.....Joe

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Home sales and construction has really been heating up around here. Maybe that will translate to some work for you.

epackage

Reaction score
I'm happy with the union and the life it has made for my whole family, we have been union plumbers, pipefitters, sprinklersitters and steamfitters from day 1. In fact my pension statement just came in the mail today, I have 24.90 years vested and nothing can happen to those funds. I also have my annuity, so the future is ok for me, it's the present that sucks. Made worse by the fact we merged with another local, the work in their territory is slow going right now so we ended up getting the worst of that merger.

A ton of new work is just starting up, so I expect to be back full time in a month or two, but things like this test my patience. I wish it was something that could be fixed, but the frame is in bad shape. Funny thing is I have another Dodge van that's 3 years older and that frame is in great shape, so I took the brand new battery out of the junker and tomorrow I'll have the new tires from the junker swapped with the baldies on the older van and I should be in good shape by the weekend... fingers crossed

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado