Japanese bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pchan

Reaction score
First post here, just wanna say howdy to members. I am totally new to all this bottle stuff, couple of weeks ago I found a milk glass jar at a lot that used to have a house on it but was razed to the ground....I like to stop at those as I ride my bike past...so I showed my wife that night and she said maybe there are more...so I went back next day....turned out she was right, I returned for the next few days and dug up around 90 bottles, I mean whole bottles, I encountered uncountable broken examples not to mention pottery shards. We`re in Sendai, some of you may have heard of the city when we had that 9.0 quake and tsunami 2 and 1/2 years ago...we`re close to downtown so the latter missed us but the quake left it`s mark both figuratively and literally... anyways now I`ve been bit by the bottle bug. we collect Japanese antiques and I don`t know why I never thought of bottles till recently but too late now. Anyways, I been searching the web for info on Japanese bottles but so far, almost nothing....maybe there just aren`t many collectors here or nobody wants to take the time to set up a site, don`t know. But, any members here have any Japanese bottles or know of a place to get info on em? Any members in Japan? I doubt the bottles I found are valuable, but as a painter, I love the colors, can`t wait to get back home to Canada and set em all up in a window or something, those cobalts are beauties. A couple of mine are very cool, embossed and from what I`ve read around the net, I`d say they are mostly all from early 20th century, but thats OK, I`m not hoping to get rich, like I said, I`m after the colors and some will find their way into paintings of mine I`m certain. So......kinda long for a first post, some have probably already stopped reading, I need to get pics of the best of my bottles and when I do I`ll post em.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum pchan. Don't know about your bottles but if anybody does you will probably find them here. Be patient and post lots of pics, it helps with dating your finds. Looking forward to your post and pics.

surfaceone

Reaction score
ã“ã‚“ã«ã¡ã¯ pchan,

Welcome to A-BN. I'm looking forward to your photos.

Here's a site you might enjoy: Antique Hawaiian Bottles.

An article on dating Japanese glass, is over here.

g_3.42.jpg

pchan

Reaction score
OK....I`ve tried posting a few pics the same way I post pics on all the other sites I`m a member of however, it isn`t working here. I tried using my photobucket account but no go. Anything special I should know?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado