E G Booz Whiskey

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TROG

Reaction score
A friend of mine has just bought this bottle and was wondering if it is definitely a reproduction and what they normally would go for. He is not that concerned if he paid too much as he liked the shape and colour.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whiskey-Bottle-/111155519620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e162a084&nma=true&si=5WxxnVzShSM%252FrKT%252F0XjK0kMyk5o%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Definitely a repro, it it were real the ocs on the roof would line up perfectically vertical, and these do not, still a nice bottle.......

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Hi David, That is a beauty of a bottle! and in my opinion a decent price considering the times we are in. An earlier Clevenger piece I suspect & were likely all made by the same artisan based on the tops. There are tons of blue Booz re-pops out there, 99% of which sport rather bland looking tooled tops & lack any semblance of character. Your friends example has alot going for it, color, great character, ect. You just don't see the glop top straight roofed Booz cabins in blue come up for sale very often. Its only the second one I've seen. A bottle such as this could easily slide into a collection of originals and hold its own. There are no original Booz cabins in blues documented to date as far as I'm aware, so to add color this piece is as good as it gets.

I sold an off amber brother to this one (pics below) 8 or 9 years ago which brought just south of 200 that I picked up in a Glassworks auction in the late 80's or so, pieces such as these are becoming more and more popular with collectors as the limited supply dwindles. In my opinion your friend did Very well!

Booz1.jpg

Booz2.jpg

Al

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora