Has the inside of a bottle been tumbled?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rraack

Reaction score
I recently won a Seeing Eye Flask (GIV-43) on eBay.

Looking at the bottle with a magnifying glass I noticed some light scratches about 3/4" down the inside of the neck that go in a somewhat circular direction around the inside (but uneven and not fully around, just 1/3. Also some slight dullness in the neck. This may be associated with the forming and finishing of the fire polished lip. The bottle has some light high-point wear on the eye and arm, and the base has some wear, so I think the outside is original (not cleaned or tumbled). If the inside has been tumbled how much might it effect the value?

I want to get back to the seller soon, so I would appreciate any knowledgable responses soon.

Thanks

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I guess it could have been a poor tumble job, but likely they would have tried to remove the highpoint wear as well. Tough to tell with out seeing it in person, but i would be more inclined to thinking it was either in making during the finishing process or from the closure during use.

Al

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Andy is a great guy & well respected. He generally over describes his stuff. If he thought it had been tumbled, he would have said so. I would contact him with your concerns, he will gladly help you out and answer your questions. I looked at the pics, it looks good to me....bill

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado