Common Sense?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
Just something that I noticed that defies all business and common sense,
I mailed a package via priority mail that someone had purchased on ebay. The person lives 11.55 miles from me but wanted it shipped anyway. So I ship it at the local post office (2 miles from me), it goes to Orlando (70 miles ) then to Jacksonville ( about 140 miles) then back to the local post office (about 115 miles) at last check and not counting delivering the package. The time frame is now 3 days.
If I as a business spent my money and used this type of procedure I would be broke in a month! And everyone wonders why the Government is in such a pickle?
Thanks, Just had to vent at the stupidity and lack of Common Sense.

antlerman23

Reaction score
I traded for a bottle from a member in Georgia and it overshot me in southeastern Minnesota by about 1500 miles. it ended up in Washington, then made its way back across the country to me in Minnesota...
it was actually pretty dang funny in my opinion, since I still got it pretty quickly. the post office has a lot on their plate, so im not surprised it happens occasionally.

bucky902

Reaction score
I noticed that defies all business and common sense
I thought that only happened here i both a bottle on kijiji in Sydney NS With is 256 km away but it had to go to Halifax first 397 km then back to me 164km it would of been within 15km of me on day 2 and it took 5 days to arrive

epackage

Reaction score
My post office still has a "local" drop off box and a "regular" box, the local stuff they take care of themselves so it goes out the next day, I guess it's not the same by you...

bostaurus

Reaction score
When we were stationed in Germany our mail from the US normally took about one week for letters and a bit longer for packages. Understandable as all the mail went to a place in New York where it was bundled up and then put on a plane to the various military bases. Packages were tossed into a large container on a pallet. Once the container was full it was sent on so you never knew if a package would come in a few days or a couple weeks.
I won something on eBay once that took over 6 weeks to arrive. Apparently it was miss routed in New York and went to Jamaica. It then went back to New York and went into the big container to sit a bit longer.
We actually got our packages much faster during the Christmas holidays because the containers filled up faster.
You learned to order things way ahead of time.
The worst part was getting your ballots. Many times they arrived after the elections.

reach44

Reaction score
I traded with a member on here and if I remember correctly he lives in Minn. Somehow the bottle goes right by him and ends up in Oregon with a delivery confirmation. Crazy.

antlerman23

Reaction score
whoops lol reach that was me. I guess my states were off. [:D]
being 17 you would think my memory would be better!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
If I remember UPS was innovative by sending everything to a sort facility in, I think New Orleans. Everything no matter where it came from went there and then out to it's destination.
I think USPS with the closing of so many sorting facilities just tries to make the quickest routes to incoming and outgoing flights and trucks.
I got a media mail that took 4 days. It started in the Maryland peninsula and I guess took the ferry across the bay and went the Greensboro NC before going to MA.
The major delays, well maybe there just screw-ups, nothing's perfect.

celerycola

Reaction score
UPS has has been so bad I never ship with them and don't buy anything that can't be shipped US Mail.

US Mail has been infallible for me. Rarely does it take more than two days for Priority Mail from here in Buffalo to anywhere in the US. I had had to adjust to shorter hours at the Post Office - I can no longer mail a package at 10 pm and have it delivered in California 36 hours later. I just plan to get to the Post Office before they close at 8 pm weekdays and 7 pm Saturday and Sunday and the package is still on a plane before midnight. I even get a discount on shipping printing labels online.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94