Rare bottle defects

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dcravosa

Reaction score
Recently found a bottle from my grandfather's delivery business from the '30s (one of only a few we know to exist). Had a small chip up inside the lip where they'd used a clip to pop the cap out back in the day, which is not that uncommon. Still love it. --- Dean

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I recently ended up with a bottle that I expressed an interest in because it had a neat little mark on it that showed where a rectangular block of mold metal was inserted to correct a damage in the mold. I got freaked out when I studied the bottle, it had so many examples of no-no in it that it should never been used to deliver a product to be sold.First of all the parison hung too long in the mold before the final blow so there are two webs of extra glass on each internal bottom of the side panels. Secondly the tool used to form the lip twisted the neck about 35 degrees by my measuring device and the tool also created a blob of glass inside the finish ring. The next thing was the mold seams on the shoulder were badly worn causing such high seam ribs on top of the shoulder. one would think it was a wooden mold. It wasn't though because the main label panel was embossed in beautiful lettering;"/ FOLGER'S " over "/ Golden Gate " over "/ FLAVORING ". The last outstanding goofy thing is that the bottle was obviously held with some different type of snap case that made odd marks on the bottom of each panel. The bottle is about 5" tall and I would like a one that was delivered without all those troubles - for my brief case samples for discussion at visited bottle clubs. RED Matthews

sandchip

Reaction score
Would love to see a picture of it, Mr. Red. If you want to email them to me, I'll be glad to post them here.

Rebecque

Reaction score
Perfect condition Owl Pharmacy glass bottle & Horlick's Malted Milk

I dug up this Owl Pharmacy bottle in my yard when I was planting trees (Bellingham, Washington). It came out of a buried, large tin bucket filled with glass bottles, tin pill boxes, an eye dropper, spoon, ceramic lid and other bits. The other bottle I really like from the bunch is a green Horlick's malted milk bottle (from Racine, WI).
photo.jpg
photo copy.jpg
photo (1).jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora