Mint' Cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey all this is my first post on the new forum so if this does not work I'm sorry. Here's a Mint Cola in 16 oz I know that Mint cola got its start in the early 1900s in Maysville, Ky. as a syrup co. Then was bottled there for a few year and then was sold to a co in N.C. were it was bottled for some years then stopped. This bottle looks to be from the 1970s or 80s. So what I'm looking for is who started to bottle it again and how long. Was it a trial or was it on the shelf's for a while. Also has any one else seen one or have one.Thanks all. Bill

Attachments

• 7d012ae3f9c94d1b91aaed5d211e94de.jpg
    7d012ae3f9c94d1b91aaed5d211e94de.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 65

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Looking at the bottle design my guess would be one of the most famous franchises for the brand in Salisbury NC. When Mint Cola disappeared from the market they were left with no leader product so they created their own named Cheerwine from what I gather. Looks like this was an attempt to reintroduce Mint Cola to the soda market, unfortunately it failed as I would love to try Mint Cola.

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey morbious from what I have read while Cherrwine was first made after Mint Cola. The Cheerwine company bought Mint Cola after it ran into money troubles in Ky and produced it up into the 1930s. I to would guess that it was reintroduced by the Cheerwine Company or just a test project. Anyway so is this a rare bottle in the acl soda world. I've never seen another one ,Do any of you guys or gals out there have one. I've written the Cheerwine Co. hoping to find out a little more.Thank for your input and reply. Bill

dollarbill

Reaction score
Got an email today from a Rep at Cheerwine .I was informed that Mint Cola was brought back for a short while in the mid. 1960s And because of poor sale it was dropped again. Thanks for looking all and thanks for the reply's morboius_fod. Bill

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi