Modern bottle design and method study;

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I was given two new 2001 bottles yesterday. They are about 18" high and not at all, round in form. They are really mind blowing and neat. The name is "VINUVA" "PINOT GRIGIO" "ITALY" "2001". The glass is cobalt. The finish is for a cork. There is a new style side base edge- spotter bar, for lettering orientation on the bottle. And the rotation stopping notch is a dipped notch, about a 3/8" horizontal squared " U " shaped dip about an eighth deep stop bottom to the U. The bottom has a single rolled dash mark type of knurling around it and the center push-up on the bottom has an embossed " V " with and " O " around it. There are no mold seams, and only one mold vent hole on the side in one place, about 2-1/2" up from the bottom.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Is that the "eggplant" shape I read about while looking? The type a saw looked painted and maybe the vent hole was a "key" for that? [8|]

Attachments

• caec52dbce4f47f38bd6852f5062ded6.jpg
    caec52dbce4f47f38bd6852f5062ded6.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 55

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Eric that bottle you have pictured above is the one I wrote about getting two of. It is a real question maker for me. I am sure it is a machine made bottle - but is made without any mold seams. But I don't know how to put it here with your picture. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Ok I have just looked over again and I looked at the vet hole and the lettering embossed on the bottom, and come to the conclusion that the bottle was apparently painted.
That is a new one to me but obviously explains the lack of the mold seam lines. Good paint job. I have collected about ten new recently made bottles, because of the current technology expertise. The newest thing scaring me is the use of robotic glass machine operators. But it is used to put cars together, so why not make bottles. Soon no one will have a job, unless the build robots and their controls. It all makes me glad I am an old man now; RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18