What do you collect for milks?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
Just wondering what people on here collect for milks. I feel like this part of the forum doesn't have too much activity. I know some guys collect all 50 states, barn scenes, local dairies from their hometown and surrounding area. I collect from my hometown, Westport, MA and neighboring town, Dartmouth, MA. So just give a blip of what you collect, just interested to get an insight on where the main interest of our milk collectors is. Thanks guys (and gals) have fun collecting!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I don't collect them as much as I just have accumulated some (about 3 dozen) that I have found while searching junk and antique stores for beer bottles and such. They are from all over.

seanb

Reaction score
I'm kind of an amateur collector, I tend to find most of my bottles at estate and yard sales. I'm looking for Long Island bottles, specifically from Commack, Long Island, which is my hometown. Commack bottles don't come up very often...if anyone here has some, I'll buy or trade :) I'm also looking for bottles from my great grandfather's dairy - One Oak, which was located in Westbury...they come up every so often. In general, just any long island bottles are the ones I collect.

Dcravosa

Reaction score
Looking for the following milk bottles:

1 - Ravosa from Springfield, MA
2 - E. Corriveau and Sons Oaks Farm in Wilbraham, MA
3 - Hubert's Dairy in West Springfield, MA
4 - Coffey and Gumlaw in Springfield, MA
5 - Enterprise Dairy in Springfield, MA
6 - Bartlett's Dairy in Nantucket, MA
7 - Briarcliff Farms in Briarcliff Manor, NY

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I only collect milk bottles from one town Eureka Illinois. I also have a couple Illinois milks I would be willing to trade/sell if anybody is interested.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Like several of the replies, I only find milks now and then and have a small collection based on those items. I guess when I travel somewhere, like a small town, I always hope to find a milk or local medicine to commemorate my trip.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I only happen upon stuff, I don't collect anything. What I have is just clutter really.OK, I collect clutter and the clutter collects dust so.... [:D]

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
blobbottlebob said:
Like several of the replies, I only find milks now and then and have a small collection based on those items. I guess when I travel somewhere, like a small town, I always hope to find a milk or local medicine to commemorate my trip.

Bob, that is an awesome idea, I never thought of doing. I think I will try to seek those things out the next time I go on a trip. It's kind of like bringing back sand or a rock in a way. Eric I also collect tons of clutter lol I just received someone else's the other day and I am very thankful for it hahaha

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
For milks, I look for what is local to me, my hometown of Sayville, and the adjoining communities of Bayport, West Sayville, Oakdale. I feel that locals are the most challenging aspect of the hobby, as well as the heart of the hobby.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello, I look for milks from Lynchburg Va. and surrounding areas. I have a half pint from Rock Castle 3 cent bottle that I got from the Grandson of the owner of the dairy, It is in mint condition. I also travel to many different states for work and try to pick up local bottles from each city I work in. It is cool to look back thru the bottles and relate them to the different areas I have been.

Attachments

• c146e867f2e442f483ff532d6d5b4646.jpg
    c146e867f2e442f483ff532d6d5b4646.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 100

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora