Mini cathedral jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the help folks! The one Kate took a pic of has a different lip treatment, otherwise looks the same. I wonder if this was a stock bottle from a glass house or made for a particular company?Apparently, there's some chat about this same specimen on face book, which I do not belong to... I didn't pass their IQ test.. if any of you are FB'ers and see this posted there, let them know about this thread please..

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The lip treatment doesn't mean much to me. Some people prefer one to another when collecting and when they were originally ordered. Many are at the blowers whim or maybe ordered for an additional expense. It takes more time to flare or apply a lip than it does to make a simple rolled.The mold it was makes the difference, the same panels, shoulder and other dimensions would make it the same bottle IMO.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
"if any of you are FB'ers and see this posted there, let them know about this thread please.. "I can get there but you'll need to give me a link or name or something. I can't find it with a simple search.[8|]

glass man

Reaction score
YEP..I had a mint one of these..some don't have the cathedral windows at all..I sold mine for $120 and was told that was a pretty cheap price..it sold fast. JAMIE

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Your picture looks like a sloppy rolled outwardly to me. I guess the pontil looks like it could have been a blow pipe ring from the makers double blowpipe operation of empontilling but I couldn't tell for sure from the size comparison. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I have been unpacking glass until I got almost all of my shelves loaded. I also realize that I have about 15 different but similar bottles to the ones you have shown here. Some of mine are round and square; and a little different in height. At this time I have over 300 bottles here in my bottle den. It is a little crowded, but most of these bottles are different that each other, with different finishes, molding methods, pontil marks, and application to our large number of product delivery. I have most of them numbered, and described, for my daughters selling efforts when I check out of this world. I am just too stubborn to go yet. All I can do is smile and put it off. RED M.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown