new uk member here

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KINGSQUAY

Reaction score
Hi guys happy thanks givingI live in the UK and I have just joined your forum. My main interest is the Lincolnshire company ofLee and Green which also had works in Syracuse and Buffalo.My aim is to collect all know Stoneware Ginger Beers from this company, so with your help I might just be able to achive this.I will post a few photos once I have sorted out my collection

sandchip

Reaction score
Good to have you here with us, Kings. We look forward to seeing pictures of your collection.

KINGSQUAY

Reaction score
thanks guys, for the record I have 7uk lee and green gb's (1 to get,)and 2 buffalo and 1 syracuse transfer types too dateI am looking to add the following listed on 100freemegs/gingerbeerNY114, NY21, NY18, NY21, NY115, NY112AI go to the main shows in the UK so I am sure to be able to find swaps or can do cash for any of these.I will keep the above requests in my file incase I can help any of you out over the comming months

KINGSQUAY

Reaction score
Here is an enamel sign from the company of LEE and Green it is 22 inches by 16 inchesI will add more in another thread laterthanks for looking

Attachments

• ae71dc92fabf4a499117482890a02393.jpg
    ae71dc92fabf4a499117482890a02393.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 65

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum Kingsquay. I do a lot of research on cleaning bottles and notice that it seems the U.K. has a grip on cleaning and repairing bottles, Do you have any knowledge to offer us here? Thanks, Kevin..

KINGSQUAY

Reaction score
Sorry, in the UK most collectors use a few people who do the cleanning and repairs. I only clean bottles which are easy to clean light stainning, using rust remover or brick acid before soaking for a week in water which is changed each day. As for sick bottles I use one of the guys who earn a living doing it. But I only send rare bottles to them. Please Note I have uploaded my stoneware Lee and Green ginger beers to the photos page if you have one which is not show I would be intrested.This company is my main interest , I also have codds, hamiltons, crown tops, and syphons from them.I also have over 300 other bottles, including ginger beers, codds, inks, blues, stoneware porters, cream pots etc. Most of these are availble for swaps against items I want.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky