broken umbrella ink

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
My suspicion with the Moore's monitors is that a lot of those shorter necks started life as longer necks, and got ground down as they were damaged getting corks out. Many of those truly were school desk inks, and I doubt they threw them out at the first sign of damage unless they had to. I have no evidence to prove this, of course, but it seems to make logical sense. I'm not saying that ink couldn't have been broken, accidently or intentionally, back in the day, and ground off. But I really don't think it was made that way, with part of the break still visible and most of it ground away. One way or another, that's a damaged and ground off bottle. Jim G
cowseatmaize said:
With no description that just shows that it may have been true. Whether ground and left alone or ground and fired off like that one it could be correct. Maybe both are wrong? The mold will still have ended somewhere and severed off somewhere. If you look at things like the J& IEM's they are long, short necks, ground, fired or just partially snapped, ground, fired or any combination.Maybe Mike will happen by with an opinion.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Moore's monitors
It's nice to see them called what those were started as, not that turtle or igloo is wrong really.[:)]Some of those were seen with metal flip up lids also but very few compared to the numbers overall. I think even shorter neck would be known but the shape made it so they had to stop or the whole thing would be trash. I'm still not saying the umbrella is right or wrong or a fraudulent list, just that it is a possibility it was made that way.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac