"Antique" Bottles Being Manufactured in China?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
I was looking for some info on bottle molds online. I came across this bottle manufacturer in China. They had an 'ANTIQUE' page so I thought I would look and see what they can make. I was surprised to see the photos of what they can manufacture. One is a rare Coca-Cola Hutch from Brunswick, GA. Below is photo from the website. I wonder how soon these bottles will be flooding the market.....if they hadn't already. Something else to look for when buying old bottles!Here is link to page: http://rockwoodglass.com/antique-and-vintage-bottle-factory.html
RGA019.jpg

LC

Reaction score
I think I saw a Coke hutch a good many years ago , believe it was different from tis one . I think Coca Cola was in script on it though , don't remember if it had a city and sate or not .

MichaelFla

Reaction score
If you read their website, the bottles are only made when someone requests one. It is $1200 for a sample mold with a run of 5-7 bottles. Then it would be $3500 if the customer wants a permanent mold. Basically, all the bottles on their webpage are samples of what customers have ordered. However, their website does say they manufacture flint glass, so the colors are painted or silk-screened on. Maybe that can help some? By the way, an original Coca Cola hutch from Brunswick looks like this

epackage

Reaction score
MichaelFla said:
Basically, all the bottles on their webpage are samples of what customers have ordered.
99% of the bottles pictured are Google pics, they have not made those bottles except for one or two

MichaelFla

Reaction score
That would be good. I did notice after posting that that the Coca Cola was the EXACT bottle in the Coca Cola museum.But if they can match a Coca Cola hutch, valued at $3000-$5000, those attempting to defraud might find it worthwhile to pay $1200 for half a dozen of them.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
those attempting to defraud might find it worthwhile to pay $1200 for half a dozen of them.
If the didn't before, they may see this thread now.[:'(] I'm glad I don't collect anymore.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well with this degree of BS going on - it will make digging more honest for us. The world seems to be going to H--- before I do. Principles are all centered on making bucks. I still enjoy my collection and helping new collectors. RED M.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Soon the market will be flooded with Edward Gunpowder England pirat bottles, raising the spirits of 300 years Captain Galleons everywhere. The hobby is doomed.Seriously, the only bottles that they made were the "pirat bottle" and the Tequila Silver 1905 bottles. They can't reproduce antique glass any better than any other company that makes dollar store decorative bottles, only they want to charge a fortune for it. I wouldn't even trust them to even be able to do embossing, in fact I'm pretty sure they can't, or at least don't want to. They might not even be a real company, and actually just take your money and never get back to you. I'm pretty sure their CEO is a stock image.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi