Clarke & White "C" New York

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Yes Al, you've been very helpful. Even though I only have two mineral waters, the timelines are a great help. Any idea where the blackglass L&Cs were blown? Years ago, someone told me Mt. Vernon GW.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
They are all great bottles - so keep-em is my motto. I have studied a lot of them. They confirmed when they started chilling the iron to remove the so called whittle - "/ Cold Mold Ripple ". and the changes were great. Also I noticed that one of these had a Makers + mark on the bottom. They started using them when they started paying production incentive to the bottle shops that made them. Fun bottles to collect. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Great bottles. I have had and still have a lot of them. There series study confirmed when they started chilling mold iron casting cavities to eliminate the so called "whittle" in their bottle molds. An example of bottles talking to me with their stories. RED Matthews

surfaceone

Reaction score
Here's a very relevant article by Howard Dean: http://www.mohawkvalleybottleclub.com/ArchiveArticles/PDF_Articles/SaratogaGlassWorksMtPleasant.pdf
ntpleasmap1.jpg

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I have to post this fact if you men go back to the old threads as much as I do. The large + and the odd shaped 4 are both makers marks, put on the bottles so they would know which shop made them and/or how much incentive $s they earned. Great bottles with a lot of history.RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac