Dr. McMunn's Opium Hoard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
What, nobody???
My first thought was that the authorities outlawed the drug, rounded up the vials from the local pharmacies, emptied the contents and threw them in the river.
Talk about getting a fish hooked. [:)]

Sand_pontil

Reaction score
Jamie, the river-ick is some biological algae I guess. Ive had pretty good luck with straight bleach in the past but the results are often not as good as I would like. Others on here have mentioned oxalic acid which I would like to try. Also Iblackvelvet's new remedy White Ox sounds interesting.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Mason you can use muriatic acid as well. I use it outside in well ventilated area, it works great on the saltwater coral and barnacles so the river ick is no problem. It lasts a long time just keep it in a pail w a cover. I was wondering if there was a hospital or something nearby, who knows but they certainly weren't feeling no pain.

glass man

Reaction score
YEP:I read the thread about the "WHITE OX" cleaner sounds good... Kelvin:like you said Muriatic cleaner should be used outside..I have a friend that put it in a 5 gallon bucket and put bottles in it...in his tool shed..over night his tools were rusted..including his lawn mower!! MAN WAS HE SHOCKED..AS I WAS TOO!! JAMIE

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I bought something called acid magic and while it doesn't fume a badly as regular muratic it still "smokes" just as bad with direct contact on some metals. Don't waste the money on it because with proper use and dilution the 35% HCL is fine outdoors.I'm just saying.

2find4me

Reaction score
Is there a rarer version of the bottle or an error type?

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Would you be interested in selling me 1 or some? I'd love to add it/them to my collection. Thanks!

NHkeith

Reaction score
staticx32 said:
Would you be interested in selling me 1 or some? I'd love to add it/them to my collection. Thanks!
I was thinking the same thing. i would like to buy/trade for 1 or 3 :)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu