Senior Member Bottle Master

What kind of "GUN" is this ?

Found this a while back at an antique store. Will someone post the pics for me? They are in my Best Of album. Then give me your best guess. And I have no idea other than maybe veterinary related? Thanks in advance to whoever will post the pics!!!!! PS..... The business end is threaded.

Re: What kind of "GUN" is this ?

My guess would be a pre-political correctness air pump.

Senior Member Bottle Finder

Injection/implanting gun for cattle or other livestock.

Thanks for posting those for me surfaceone. And do you know that for sure cryptic? Just so I can tell the shop owner for sure that is what it is. He would appreciate that as he had no clue either !

I withdraw my earlier guess, and suggest that cryptic is likely on to it. What is that projection, where the front sight would be, all about? http://www.drugs.com/vet/synovex-

Surfaceone, that's what protrudes when you pull the trigger. So I think your diagram is on the right track. It is very heavy. That protrusion is steel, but the gun itself is made of some other metal,but not aluminum. The RX is the only markings I could find on it. Any other thoughts are appreciated. Mitch

Senior Member Bottle Finder

The place where the front sight on the gun is where whatever was being administered would go.

Senior Member Bottle Master cowseatmaize's Avatar

I wish it had a patent #. It looks like a 45 or something, I don't know guns at all.Surfs first comment made sensible thinking also. The tip looked like a ball inflater and the gun looks like toy.

I think I remember seeing several of these back in 1967!!!! It looks like the air medical injection guns that they used on us in the ARMY. We were in California fixing too leave TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE enroute to beautiful SOUTH VIETNAM!!!!! We had too line up single file and walk down between two lines of doctors giving you shots in both arms. We were told not too move or flinch while getting the shot or the air gun wouild cut you. It made me feel like a cow on the way to the slaughter house!!!! If you will note the gun you are showing has RX on the handle.

I don't know Jerry2143, that protrusion at the end is about 2 inches long. I'm going back there tommorrow . I will take more pics. Closeups!