What would be a fair offer on this bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldmill

Reaction score
A guy from work brought in some bottles for me to look at and wanted to know what they were worth and make him an offer if there was anything I wanted. The only one I was interested (only good one) was this Kohners asthma remedy bottle blown in mold tooled lip corker. I not sure what to tell him its worth because it seems to be unlisted as its not showing up in any of my reference books or online. Asked my digging partner if he's ever seen one and he said no. What do you guys think its worth. I'm thinking 15 to 40 dollars range. Also if anyone has any info to share or if you have seen one please let me know. thanks

Attachments

• ebc465bf1da743ddad9f9efa373e2468.jpg
    ebc465bf1da743ddad9f9efa373e2468.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 9a0e794d4b674a488f76c0a02fba18d4.jpg
    9a0e794d4b674a488f76c0a02fba18d4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 103

botlguy

Reaction score
Matt Knapp doesn't have it listed under the KOHNER name so it must be a good one. The REMEDY word might hurt it some, I'm not a Med. / cure collector so can't say for sure.

Oldmill

Reaction score
Lynn mass is what I came up with too. I don't think its a common bottle my digging buddy is from that area of mass and has been digging since he was 13 and he's never seen one. I'm thinking of offering the lower price of my estimated value $15. I think that is a fair price if I saw this in a shop for more I don't think I would buy, but I do like having bottles in my collection that no one has heard of.

NHkeith

Reaction score
I would be fair and give him 20$ if you want it! So next time he comes up with some RARE bottles he will come to you, knowing you gave him a fair price last time. sometimes spending the extra 5-10$ now, can pay dividend later.

Oldmill

Reaction score
I meet up with him before work this morning and told him what I found out about the business location and that it was an unlisted bottle in several reference books told him what I felt it was worth and offered him $15. He insisted that I keep my money that he wanted me to have it and that he felt it belonged in a collection were it would be appreciated and not in his barn collecting dust. He followed up with that he has more bottles in boxes buried in the back that when he had time to get to them he would bring them in too. I tell you what he made my day. I will be sure to keep everyone posted and will be hooking this guy up if he produces anymore good stuff

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I DON'T COLLECT think of money for bottles - I look for markings that tell me about how they were made and if there are showings of skill of different tool use that is different enough they end up in my collection. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOU NEED IT. RED Matthews

MedBottle1

Reaction score
I agree with RED. I hate spending more than $5 for any medicine bottle, just because down here I am so used to finding them for a few bucks. I have spent more but that is only in rare situations where I am on the road and know that I will probably never see that bottle again. My collection is roughly 75% meds and 25% sodas and others so I would label myself as a med collector. In my opinion, like cowseatmaize, because this is a remedy and somewhat common i would value it between $5-$12 depending on condition. A fair offer would be around $8 I would think. The asthma label though certainly does not hurt :) Very unique indeed.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I have been cataloging my FL bottles. And today I found three old soda bottles that all had been made using the same bottom plate for them. This was done at the Tampa FL Bottle works. Crazy yes, two were the same height and one was a half inch shorter. No that blows my mind. RED Matthews.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So my daughter brought me a couple boxes of bottles from the storage room. One had three ships in bottles and a quart strap sided / WARRANTED FLASK " with four pictures in a frame made of sucker sticks - the pictures are of JESUS as an infant and three, of his life on earth. The finish has a cork in it - 1/2" down to 3/8" and all this had to be put together in the bottle with a wire tool, I guess. It was done by a man that was in prison. It should be in a museum I think, because it is my best old bottle. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown