Old Bottler Conventions History

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Eric

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any written history is out there that recorded Bottler Shows and Conventions?I've never seen a Bottler's Gazette or any other magazine first hand... but pages I've seen posted show glass companies, companies that make/sell bottle crates and other equipment... I am wanting to know if they or some other magazine talksabout the latest flavor or new company... I'd like to find out if anything was recorded... One I'm really interested in is forNichol Kola back in 1937 at a Atlantic City Convention... Read through a booklet the Nicholson company wrote and itsounded like that may have been the show it was first introduced... The Nicholson also put out a small booklet called“Solid Ground” trying to build franchises. (Would love to find one of those booklets) Anyway thought this would be theplace that someone would know.Thanks!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Eric: Try this ... ~ * ~ "Below you'll notice two symbols beside the listed back issues - they indicate whether the issue is still available in print (mailed to your door for $5.95) or if it's available in digital format for direct download (at a cost of $2.95). Both formats are available by clicking here. Whichever way you prefer to read, I hope you'll dive right in and see what the magazine is all about." Scroll to Issue #54 (Spring 2010) http://www.sodaspectrum.com/back-issues.html ~ * ~ The yellow box to the left of the listing says it's available in digital.

Attachments

• 6aaf40182c714abe8dfd3620d6c64b7e.jpg
    6aaf40182c714abe8dfd3620d6c64b7e.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 95

Eric

Reaction score
Also... there were some volume/hardback books a while back on eBay that SPB and a few others were interested in but they were older than the 1930s... But can't remember if they were soda company books?

Eric

Reaction score
Thanks SodapopBob... That subscription and all the info was from the booklet of Nicholson's company I have... a lot of the images/pieces are mine also... Also that is a great little mag to get if you don't already get them... Blair does a great job!I'm trying to find out if there is more on the convention and to see if any images from the convention or any conventions exist... Thought maybe a magazine or something exist out there somewhere or something may have been recorded in another book. What is the Bottler's Gazette? I've seen a few on eBay's sold history and it shows different images of equipment companies and glass and crate companies.. I was hoping that they followed soda companies also... but I have no idea... Does anyone here have/own Bottler's Gazette magazines fromthe late 30s -40s? Thanks again SPB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Eric: Initially you said ... "I am wanting to know if they or some other magazine talks about the latest flavor or new company." "One I'm really interested in is for Nichol Kola back in 1937 at a Atlantic City Convention." ~ * ~ My brain isn't working this morning - so could you please clarify what you mean by "latest flavor" and "new company." Thanks Bob

Eric

Reaction score
Sorry... I'm hoping that there might have be a book, magazine, some type of publishing from “back in the day” that kept record of “New sodas” or beverage companies that sprang up/came to market... Maybe a bottler's newsletter or magazine that would recap a tradeshow or convention for the bottlers across the country. I know the Bottler's Gazette magazine exist just never seen/read one in person... thought maybe they or something similar kept everyone of that time, up to date on the latest equipment, companies and or latest/newest brands of soft drink on the market...The Nicholson booklet talked of a convention in 1937 at Atlantic City and Nichol Kola being introduced to the market... It sounded like it was a hit... Was wondering if there is any written record of this show.Thought someone here who has collected a lot longer has seen something like this.Hope that makes more sense.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Eric: Thanks - but please bare with me because the coffee hasn't kicked in yet [:D] Are you saying Nichol Kola was first introduced at the 1937 Atlantic City convention and that you are looking for periodicals from 1937 that discuss it? My confusion is based on the fact that I'm not sure when Nichol Kola was first introduced. I read one account that said it was in 1936.

Eric

Reaction score
It was copyrighted/trademarked in 1936... But from what their booklet said it sounded like it debuted in 1937... maybe early 1937? and yes looking for periodicals, anything from that convention to start with... and not stop with just that one but see if any info is out there on any of the conventions/shows as I like and collect many brands... would love to see images of displays, booths, anything.... You see images of Coca-Cola booths and displays all the time... But did companies like Cheerwine, Cleo-Cola, for example, have booths or displays? I'd love to find material that covered all of them even the little “mom and pop” brands that tried so hard to make it then. I would think something has to be out there like that.

splante

Reaction score
I will check but I thought I ran across info on national bottlers assc yearly conventions give me a few days Ill try to dig out the info

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi