Early American mallets?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

fer_de_lance

Reaction score
ChrisP1 said:
Chris, I would love to see S&G photoI In order make up for this i will post a picture of a miniature shaft and globe i recently dug. this one is definitely real :) Thanks!Chris

ChrisP1

Reaction score
Turns out there may be a happy ending after all; the seller has agreed to refund my money. Thanks again for the education!

Chris

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi all, I was going to post here yesterday and then lost the link - and couldn't get back to it. I have two bottles that I picked up on purpose at a bottle show that I know dam well are not old. In fact there were at least fourty of them at the show that I felt were all repro's like you have shown here. The ones i got are unique, but I wouldn't even think of selling them as old glass. They were all quart whiskey jugs with applied lips, applied handles, and the two I got even had two applied seals and thumb paddles on the handles. Those at the show all had the little empontiled scars that don't look like the were sized or applied like the early pontil marks represent them selves. There are a lot of bad examples every where today - including people that look like the gyps they are. I guess I am just a bitter old man about the fraud in today's world. RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora