Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clovis Point

Senior Member Bottle Master

Clovis Point

I didn't know where to post this so I posted here.My buddy's son Dylan found a "Clovis arrow head" today while digging for bottles.I know these are hard to find whole, and are the most sought after of all arrow heads.Could be 11,000 years old a bit older then the bottles we dig LOL Anyway since my buddy Paul does not go on line much,I posted for him. I know there are some head hunters here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 472EF383750740E8937F6656809302B7.jpg   D330666A846F4B2EB2A36DB8589BC18A.jpg   6B63D3FA59A7482DA5B0B6C668FD4CE8.jpg  

Re: Clovis Point

Very cool, he will remember that the rest of his life!

YES HE WILL STEVE. ITS A PUCE EAGLE KIND OF FEELING FOR HIM [:)] LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHINGS PLACE IS DEAD MAN!! WOW ON FACE BOOK I POSTED THE KIDS FIND AND I GOT TONS! OF REPLY'S HEAD HUNTERS AND NON HEAD HUNTERS ALIKE. I JUST LOOKED AT THE POSTS THAT HAVE 0 COMMENTS HERE ,WOW THE GOOD OLE DAYS HERE ARE GONEEEEEEEE! GONE

cool !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a8688fceedaf45de9c185462fcb552de.jpg  

You are right Rick, I wish the forum could be like the good ole days, with new posts every minute... [:(]

Senior Member Bottle Master Road Dog's Avatar

Awesome point Rick. I've found 2 and a half in the years I've hunted. Even points like the size of this one were used on larger prey. Those hunters knew where to place it to do the most damage.

Senior Member Bottle Finder

NICE! I used to hunt arrowheads a LOT when I was in JR/highschool. Found a ton of points and other artifacts back then but only found one Clovis type point but it wasn't fluted. MAN, If only those things could talk, what a story they could tell.

Well my Grand father lived on an old battle ground where Sullivans army battled with the Seneca Indians. He had grapes and raspberries as crops. And at one time had several metal buckets of arrow heads,and mini bullets. I still have some, but he traded a lot of them off for beer at a nearby bar. Life does all kinds of things to vunerable people. RED Matthews

Senior Member Bottle Master bottlerocket's Avatar

WOW very cool. I have several points but I never found a Clovis yet. Paleo, Woodland mostly. I hunted for them in Kentucky and Ohio. There are tons of articles about Clovis points on the web. www.austindiggers.com is a very good site for referencing them as well as others.

Senior Member Bottle Master CreekWalker's Avatar

Very cool! I starting hunting points as a kid, long before bottle digging, and just recently turned my collection over my children. They found many themselves, we found one unfluted Clovis type.