Help identify this one please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

smadgos

Reaction score
Hello guys, Could really use your help with this one!Glass is thick. i am no expert but it looks like it was made from two pieces attached into one since there is a "line" on both sides of the bottle. H:19CM W:7.5CM (H:7.5 inches W:3inches)It is marked "II" at the bottom (last photo)here are some photos. A-N-Y info would be appriciated!Thank you so much!
2m68zdy.jpg
2195h89.jpg
1eung0.jpg
2uggy2u.jpg
339he13.jpg
34e4yfq.jpg
1iic84.jpg
10p7ywj.jpg
rvy6vn.jpg
sx19nn.jpg

LC

Reaction score
Good old torpedo soda as I call them , like the style of the top .

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome! I think Hamilton is closer but torpedo works. It looks a little older than some and some are even pontil. Being basically unembossed it may not hold much interest but I like the ocean found look.

ScottBSA

Reaction score
I like the ocean worm casings on the bottle and the wire stand as a way to hold it up. It's probably more than 100 years old. Nice decorative piece. These are fairly common, but not with this much style. Scott

botlguy

Reaction score
Welcome Elad. Thanks for sharing pix of that wonderful looking bottle. I admire the holder, looks very custom made. I'm guessing age from 1860 or thereabouts. I pray that you have no thoughts of cleaning it.

smadgos

Reaction score
What a great forum! Thanks all of you guys for this information. I have no intention in cleaning it :) Is it against forum's rules to discuss value?
Elad

botlguy

Reaction score
No Elad, as far as I'm concerned and an aware, there are no rules about value talk as long as you understand they are opinions. In my mind a bottle collector would give one price, an ocean artifact collector another price, a home or office decorator another and each individual a different one. IF I were in the market, and I like this item very much, I would offer $100.00 with the holder. I can make the holder for nothing but just like it the way you have presented it. The bottle alone without the sea life (the assessment of Worm Casings is better than my original Coral call) is probably $20 - 40. With sea life it might go $60 - 80. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. BTW, your presentation of the item itself and your personal approach is one of the very best for a first timer. Thank you.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well presented and a neat bottle. I have one that is well covered with barnacles, and it will stay that way. It appears to be a torpedo btm. bottle and they need the stand. It will be a good conversation piece when you are visited by another collector. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94