Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Finder

Lime cola bottle bottling company of SC

Here is a bottle I cannot find any information. It is 5 1/2 oz, embossed Lime Cola and around the bottom says "
    Bottling co of SC, Property of Lime Cola.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20be3570db7a46d88e8722c2d2405315.jpg   19dae8d1ab4d49ee943e925baf293119.jpg   480f1b31a8a649eb8aac494f6e5b61b6.jpg  

Re: Lime cola bottle bottling company of SC

Correction it is 6 1/2 oz

Senior Member Bottle Master

Senior Member Bottle Master SODAPOPBOB's Avatar

Just tagging for updates. No clue at the moment! [:)]

Mine has no city just says bottling co of SC

Listed in Gono.Com under embossed S.C. Soda Bottles:NO CITY32SSCL12[font="arial"]13"LIME COLA OF S C"I have never seen a down slant like that except here (Posted by WonkaPete), but different variant of bottle(Right): Maybe only Lime Colas from S.C. had a down slant? Just a guess.

Kari I know zilch about Lime Cola, but if I understand the information on this link properly, it appears that the slanted-script straight-sided bottles were distributed in Georgia as well and not just South Carolina ... ??? http://dublinlaurenscountygeorgia.bl...cola-wars.html

Scroll through this link to see various South Carolina towns that bottled Lime Cola in 1921. Notice that more than one of them says "Lime Cola Bottling Company of South Carolina" http://books.google.com/books?id=Hyg...rolina&f=false

http://archive.org/stream/annualrepo...2nort_djvu.txt SUPPOSED TO BE SOMETHING IN HERE ABOUT THE LIME COLA COMPANY OF SOUTH CAROLINA,MY EYES STARTED CROSSING THOUGH :)

Senior Member Bottle Finder MCglass's Avatar

I responded to an offer for a free issue of Soda Spectrum in which Lime Cola was featured.it seems to have first appeared around 1906 in Alabama. There was a deco bottle patent issued for Lime Cola on May 24, 1921. Their ads in 1939 featured an insensitively named mascot, "Sir Limey" who sported a monacle and long white mustache.Bob Hope and Bing Crosby lost their azzes investing in, and promoting Lime Cola in 1947. In a carnival scene in Crosby and Hope's movie, The Road to Rio, a huge display of Lime Cola was featured. The company filed for bankruptcy in 1948.This print ad shows a bottle similar to yours, but the letters slant upwards instead of down. Also, it looks to have had a round paper label too.Thanks Soda Spectrum and J Lee!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e6be484a7aa04e01a8c47292f8839ddb.jpg