Brown's family drug store

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

joesmarbles

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, I bought a nice collection of bottles today. One of the nicer bottles is a "Brown's family drug store" bottle.It is a cork top and is 4 1/4 inches tall. The name is in a medallion type circle just short of the shoulders of the bottle.I am not equipped to photo the bottle so this is the best description I can give youOn the bottom is says W. T.& Co.(Whitehall Tatum?)Patent date is Jan. 24, 88.(glass is clear)Thanks for your help and best wishes.....Joe McDonough

2find4me

Reaction score
W.T. & Co. Stands for Whitall Tatum Company which was in operation from 1901 to around the 1930's. Your Medicine Bottle probably dates from around the earlier 1920's. A picture would help to determine value and age. Also, I am interested in the other bottles that are in the collection.

botlguy

Reaction score
What is it you would like to know? You don't ask a question. It is very difficult to give information without a picture but we realize not everyone has that capability. Hopefully someone will know the bottle by your description. Also, your profile does not give your location so we are clueless as to what locale this bottle may be from. Give us as much as you know if you would like some help.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You can do do better than that. Where do the seams end? ABM or BIM? Slug/plate mold is my guess. W. T. & Co. (with ampersand) was used from around 1885-1900 if I remember so I'm thinking BIM.Please cut me some slack if I'm off a few years or totally wrong. [:)]

joesmarbles

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, there is no location on the bottle, I guess my question is does anyone know about this bottle.I bought about 150 bottles including the Beam bottles I had mention before. Mostly beers and medicines but about 60 beam bottles including two train sets. The beers are mostly local, bartels, stegmaier, standard brewing. The meds are Dr. Pierce, S.B. Coff's(Goff's)Camden N.J.,fletcher's,Chamberlain, A.G.Groblewski Plymouth Pa.Right now I am only ;looking for information on the Brown's family bottle, thanks everyone.....Joe

joesmarbles

Reaction score
Hi Eric, the seams end about 1/4 inch up the neck. also on the bottom is E and USA

joesmarbles

Reaction score
Thanks Eric, that date agrees with the patent date of 88 on the bottom.....Joe

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado