H.E. Swan & Co. neat Sandwich cologne?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
One of my favorite buys at the Dover, NH show was this neat looking H.E. Swan bottle. According to Don Fadley's website Horace E. Swan of Fall River, Mass. was out of business by 1862. Any ideas on rarity/value? I don't plan to sell, but will likely trade for the right RI bottle!
13738121583_35588d97a9.jpg

2find4me

Reaction score
I think it was distributed from the Boston & Sandwich Co. HERE is a link to a similar one on ebay.

epgorge

Reaction score
I am leaning toward "not" sandwich. Pressed glass? Someone who collects perfumes/colognes may be able to tell you value/rarity. The embossment would certainly up the value, though I would say it is a $10-30 dollar value, depending on the buyer.

glass man

Reaction score
Is it pontiled? I think it would be more in the $50 dollar range..but this is just a guess of course,but it is so very ornate..I will get the money to pay $10 dollars for it!! JAMIE

nhpharm

Reaction score
Definitely Horace E. Swan of Fall River, Massachusetts. I think a lot of these early flint glass bottles are Boston & Sandwich. Many of them are not pontiled even though they are pontil age. I think $50-75 in good condition with no damage. A very neat bottle!

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Taylor its Kevin. I figured I would mention that I found and sold a small bottle at last years Dover show. It was a small bottle like yours but rectangular. Im almost positive it was H E Swan(I am sure of the last name). The name on the front panel and the two sides read on one "perfumed" the other "bears oil". I tried to research it and it led me to PhiladaPa. It looked like it was made of flint glass. Nice find.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac