Which Glasshouse Produced This Honey Amber Jar?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Back to you Joel - First of all the handle has to be applied while the product is still as hot as possible. The handle is then lifted from the glass furnace pot with a lifting bar and no doubt just cut to a length appropriate for the product. It is then applied at the top or the bottom depending on the design goal of the product. Then it is pulled giving it some taper an applied on the other end to the hot glass - where it goes. I have an interest in the tools they used to press that other end - to the product. I have two with a double metal rod mark from a pressing tool. Just before the pressing they would have cut the glass length before the second application. Just the process and procedure study fascinates me to study the products. Having worked with glass making - different companies around the world - I have seen a lot of glass making things ( from military tank windows to bottles to tubing and light bulbs. It just strengthened my love of glass making and collecting. RED Matthews

epgorge

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
I always figured WV as part of the mid-west and Blenko has been around from before the TOC. I just through the name out there though.
Never mentioned WV. I suppose that is where Blenko is from or you wouldn't have mentioned it. I guess I don't know enough about Blenko but the glass I have seen that is attributed to it, I don't care for. This looks nothing like the blenko pieces I have seen.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky