Can Anyone Out There Point Me in the Direction of the Privy??Help Please!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Lisa,
I was very disappointed when I got my copy of Digger O'Dell's Secrets of Privy Digging. All the information in the book can be found on Eddie's Privy page. (www.privydigger.com) I do see Digger O'dell came out with another Secrets of Privy digging that is 84 pages long vs. his first one that was 25 pages. I don't know if I'm gonna spring for the $23.00 or not.

bottle34nut

Reaction score
spunsugaree-is there a visable rock wall around the property? If so walk along it and check on the back side of the walls(away from property), a lot of times they simply threw their garbage there. I have found this here in New Jersey a lot of times. You will see glass on the surface if this was done. The clam shells you found are a telltale sign of a dump. I think they buried them with their garbage to keep the smell down, I guess the lime in the shells was the theory. This is what I was told, and every time I find shells out in the middle of nowhere I know ther is something around. Have you tried a metal detector? A lot of times this will help. If there was a barn check in the back of it. Another popular place to throw things as it was also out of sight just like throwing it on the other side of the rock wall. Keep looking, there is definitely something there to be found. hope this helps.

greg

monalisa

Reaction score
Hey all, Thanks for all the info, still looking, having a hard time with Sanborn Maps, no one seems to know about them, + there were several fires over the years. I did find a Flood Insurance Map from 1884, it does have markings on it, but so far nothing yet...Thanx again for all of the input........Mike in Maine

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis