Embossed maple leaves

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

marting11

Reaction score
Hello, I've found these two bottles in a dump in southern Quebec. They are 12.5 inches tall and they have maple leaves embossed all over them. They also have a very light amethyst shade. My best guess is maple syrup. Has anyone seen these before and know more info about them?

TbKgzwml.jpg

Thanks!

sunrunner

Reaction score
never seen that bottle,it most likely maple syrup.looks like a rose lemon bottle.nice.

2find4me

Reaction score
Cool looking bottles, they look like they could have held Maple Leaf Whisky?Probably a syrup, just doesn't have the "syrupy" bottle shape to it.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Agreed, lime water, either Rose's or Lytle & Co.'s (Toronto) -- can't recall which had the vine and leaf pattern.

marting11

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.

botlguy said:
Looks just like the Rose's Lime juice to me, (from that picture) what's the difference? I know you are Canadian but are you sure those are MAPLE leaves?
mctaggart67 said:
Agreed, lime water, either Rose's or Lytle & Co.'s (Toronto) -- can't recall which had the vine and leaf pattern.

Actually, it's hard to tell if they are maple or vine leaves. But I didn't even think of vine leaves in the first place so thanks for pointing me in that direction. The shape of the bottle does look like a lime juice bottle but I didn't find this exact one on Google. I didn't find pictures of the Lytle & Co one though, so that could be it.
Here are a couple close-up pictures.
5a9hbgHl.jpg

rcHpbQCl.jpg

w547376l.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
With you being a Canuck (certainly no offense meant, I love Canadians except those who whip the tar out of my Pee Wee hockey Grandson [:D]) I would think you know what a Maple Leaf looks like. (Or maybe this Yank is sorely mistaken.) That leaf has 5 sections / points. Doesn't a Maple Leaf have only 3? I'm still pretty certain it is a Lime Juice bottle. Now I'm curious. Really, I'm not trying to be a Smart A**

marting11

Reaction score
Maple leaves do have 5 points. Here's a sugar maple leaf

GR08_Acer_saccharum_leaf.gif
In comparison, some vine leaves :
vine-leaves-10824119.jpg

Both these leaves have a similar structure and the embossed pattern is probably not entirely accurate so honestly, it's hard to tell. The difference I can see is that on the embossed leaves, the lower 2 points are more pronounced and that would correspond to the maple leaf more than the vine leaf.

But yeah, it looks like a lime juice bottle.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94