Saturday dig. A few keepers and some doodads.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Macaco

Reaction score
Hello All,

I went for a dig on Saturday.

Found a pretty nice whiskey flask. /THEO. GIER/WINE CO./OAKLAND CAL./

Interesting background about Theodore Gier, his wine and liquor business,

http://pre-prowhiskeymen....whiskey-into-wine.html

A few more keepers,
Owl Drug Store
/Celso/TRADE MARK/
/Chester F. Darling/& Co./DRUGGISTS/OAKLAND, CALIF./

I had never found a Celso bottle before. I did some research. Celso was a California made hangover cure likely meant to compete against Bromo Seltzer. I found two Ads for Celso. One from 1911 in The San Francisco Call. The other one was in, of all things, a 1910 cook book from the 'Corona Club', 1911

'Dirty Larry' dug a nice Duffy Malt Whisky bottle,

I dug up some doodads that looked interesting. This one appears to be a crucible for melting metal,

This one is a bronze weight. Could it have been part of a clock?

A Lilliputian coffee mug,

This thing,

A spooky doll head,

And this thing. Any ideas?

Lastly I want to sneak in two bottles that I found on previous digs last month but didn't post.

Here's a flask,

And an oyster cocktail jar with the most detailed embossed location I have ever seen on a bottle. The only thing they left out was which way to twist the door knob,

/WILLAPA OYSTER/COCKTAILS/284 NATOMA ST/NEAR 4TH/S.F./

Thanks for looking,

Steve

alisa201127

Reaction score
As for myself, go out in glory, is playing the magic life magic resistance (can't, Aion gold is not a set of changes). I used to is also growing, but since the open breakthrough after less than metal also dizzy. http://www.vipaionkinah.com/

Macaco

Reaction score
botlguy said:
Those are nice finds. Isn't it against the law to put whiskey in a WINE flask?
Hi Jim,Thanks. I don't know if there's a law against that. Or was. Mr. Gier started selling whiskey because it was so lucrative. He sold whiskey under the name of his wine company. The dandy flask I found was surely a whiskey. Right? Who would drink wine from a little flask like that? BTW both of the dandy flasks I posted pictures of have PCGW embossed on the base. 'Pacific Coast Glass Works'. Steve

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
"Well, bottle guys are kinda nutty. Who knows what they're thinkin?"Especially this early in the AM. [:)]As to the clock weight, I'd go with fish net or other fishing related heavy thing.It's all really cool stuff!

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Really nice finds. I found a doll head a few years ago, gave it to a friend of my and she made it into a doll and sold it. I also think the weight is a net fishing weight and I agree with the crucible idea. Scott

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis