Saturday dig. A few keepers and some doodads.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
That really is all interesting stuff and yes my whiskey vs. wine comment was my lame excuse at humor. Here locally we had our Jimmy Durkin who did the same. In Bob Barnett's book on Western Whisky Bottles he shows 3 of Gier's larger bottles 1/5th and quarts but not the flask, not unusual for him. I also like that Oyster bottle, just recently sold one on eBay in the shape of a milk bottle. Got good money for it, appears there is interest.

Macaco

Reaction score
botlguy said:
That really is all interesting stuff and yes my whiskey vs. wine comment was my lame excuse at humor. Here locally we had our Jimmy Durkin who did the same. In Bob Barnett's book on Western Whisky Bottles he shows 3 of Gier's larger bottles 1/5th and quarts but not the flask, not unusual for him. I also like that Oyster bottle, just recently sold one on eBay in the shape of a milk bottle. Got good money for it, appears there is interest.
Hi Jim, I'm interested to see your Oyster bottle. Is there still a link for your Ebay posting? Thanks,Steve

2find4me

Reaction score
WOW! Nice dig! I like the whisky flask and the Celso is great!HERE are two Owl Drug Store Bottles that sold on ebay. The one on the left is the one like yours.HERE is a Celso currently on ebay.Chester F. Darling bottle is nice haven't found anything on it yet.How tall is your Duffy Malt? Is it between these two sizes HERE?Your tiny coffee mug looks like it could have gone to a doll house.Your Maison Dorin Pot Lid is pretty common and from the UK, would've held a perfume of some sort.Not sure what you mystery item is, maybe a plaque of some sort?Can't find much on your F. Chevalier whisky.The Oyster Cocktail is Great! The oysters probably would have been from Willapa Bay in Washington State.

kleinkaliber

Reaction score
The thing with the cherubs and umbrella-I don't know what it is, but it looks like Jasperware.

Macaco

Reaction score
kleinkaliber said:
The thing with the cherubs and umbrella-I don't know what it is, but it looks like Jasperware.
Excellent! Thanks for that. I just did an image search on the web based on Jasperware. Found some very similar pieces. Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis