Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Bottle Master cowseatmaize's Avatar

Re: SPECIAL BOTTLE IN NEED OF CLEANING

No, it's the use by Meth labs, maybe it was MDMA, I don't remember.Hey, flag day is coming up, ya think anyone will post Joel?[:)]

Senior Member Bottle Master

The trouble with many laws are they punish the majority because of minority abuses. I would be very surprised if flag day got mentioned!! Surprise!!!!!Joel

let's not forget Nancy Pelosi's left coast of California. That is about as far west as we go, less HI. I would say you are getting pressed from both sides.Joel

Yes Dude..I don't think its really hard to get you can use nail polish remover as well for doing this and its readily available in market.

Senior Member Bottle Finder

You can still get acetone at the drugstore in the nail polish section. It will say it is removal for artificial nails. You may have to but it in a jar but it easily pours out. I would actually use paint stripper before acetone. It is much gentler on glass and it removes it almost immediately. I have had to let a bottle soak in acetone for about 20 minutes to get paint off and it dulled the glass. There are citrus strippers
    available that are so gentle they don't even burn if you get them on you. Good luck!

Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine

I agree with the above, about using very hot water. Very hot tap water certainly shouldn't crack a milk bottle, but maybe start with a warm bottle anyways just to be sure. But soaking the whole bottle in a tub of very hot water should do it, but it will take time and you have to be patient as hell. I broke a MINT Weeks and Gilford whiskey bottle last year, using a coat hanger to pick a little tiny bit of gunk out of the bottle, and poked a hole in the shoulder :{ couldn't believe I did that. still cant

Senior Member Bottle Master cowseatmaize's Avatar

I haven't bought any in years and I bought a gallon then. I should probably check the can being on the basement floor, that and the denatured alcohol but I used most of that as lamp fuel and thinner.Anyhooo, I heard CVS started requiring ID to buy it some time back and I don't know what may have happened since.

Try gasoline I've used it several time and it works great. Put some gas in it and let it sit for a couple days. the paint should come right out.