Hair Tonic 1930

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GregHunt

Reaction score
[h1]Antique Kreml Hair Tonic Glass Jar...[/h1]found yesterday.[attachment=IMG_20140514_100229.jpg]

Attachments

• bdbd4c9b2ca94aff8f6f281172bc24a1.jpg
    bdbd4c9b2ca94aff8f6f281172bc24a1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 53

botlguy

Reaction score
Greg, please forgive my appearance of arrogance but I feel the need to offer a slight correction. That Hair Tonic bottle is not considered, by experienced collectors, as "Antique". That term generally refers to bottles made before 1900 or thereabouts. Your bottle is collectible by those who like that vintage but isn't old in bottle collecting terms. Please don't take this as negative, I just don't like it when the waters get muddied.

GregHunt

Reaction score
thank you, I was copying and pasting from Ebay website describing the bottle as "Antique"

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So Greg, I have a little write up about what most bottle collectors look for. It is mainly hand blown glass where some glass was picked up on the end of a blowpipe dipped in the glass melting furnace and then blowing an inside cavity in the hot glass and shaping it into a completed bottle by blowing it up in size and rolling in on a marver table to shape it and then sticking the previous blow pipes hot glass on the bottom of the new bottle and using tha as a handle while he finished the neck on the new bottle. All that action makes those old bottles fun to collect and fondle. RED Matthews

GregHunt

Reaction score
To find those types of bottles, I have to find a very old park grounds or farm house of some sort, community, because in the city of New York, its difficult to find such bottles unless you work for a construction company. I am going to research New York State locations.Thank you for the information. Greg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky